Salus RXRT505 Receiver

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,I have bought this receiver but I am having some difficulty matching up the wiring.The live and neutral are fine but I have an extra wire that I don't know what to do with. ( extra neutral ) I have attached some photos. Hopefully someone can help me. Thanks. Nomad
WP_20151121_14_13_03_Pro.jpg
WP_20151201_15_12_43_Pro.jpg
WP_20151201_15_12_14_Pro-1.jpg
WP_20151121_13_34_48_Pro.jpg
WP_20151201_15_12_37_Pro.jpg
WP_20151201_16_14_25_Pro.jpg
WP_20151201_16_14_37_Pro.jpg
WP_20151201_16_14_43_Pro.jpg

Attachments

• WP_20151201_16_14_37_Pro.jpg
    WP_20151201_16_14_37_Pro.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 151
Sponsored Links
Are you trying to wire the receiver to where the old thermostat is? Reciever needs a permanent live so unless that old thermostat is connected directly to the boiler. And there is no programmer. You can't do it without a bit of rewiring at the source. You would be better off trying to wire it near the wiring centre or programmer, or boiler. Depending on What type of system you have? Is it a Combi or conventional?

Last edited:
Hi, I am trying to replace a traditional dial type thermostat.
My boiler is an old baxi solo 2 - 50pf.

I honesty thought it was going to be an easy swap

It should be fairly simple. The existing wiring to your current thermostat are likely as follows: [Please check it first by confirming what the existing wires are connected to, or preferably by testing with a multimeter]

Red = Live from existing timeswitch / programmer
Yellow = Switched Live to turn the heating on
Blue = Neutral

If this corresponds to your installation, then the wires would be connected to the Salus as follows:

L = Red wire, plus a link to the Com terminal
N = Blue wire

Com = Link to L terminal
NO = Yellow wire

If you have an existing programmer / timer controlling the heating, this will then need to be set to be permanently 'on' because the Salus will now take control of the heating temperature and timing functions.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
We know what you are trying to replace.

But you have not told us about any timeclock or programmer.

If you have one then the usual wiring does not send a constant mains supply to the thermostat.

On the other hand if you really have no timeclock at all then you could.

But what not put it at the boiler location anyway?

Tony

Hello Stem,

Thanks for the advice.
I followed your advice and it now seems to be working fine.
Its nice to be heating the lounge instead of a draughty hallway.

Nomsd

These units are becoming quite common, and I have come across two instances where a neighbours thermostat has caused interference, so you may want to consider changing the RF address code of yours from the factory set code, to one selected by you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back