Samsung American fridge freezer not dispensing ice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I have a Samsung RS7677FHCBC which is creating ice cubes but when pushing back the lever on the front no ice is being dispensed. It has 2 separate levers and the water works fine.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

Thanks

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
There is probably just some ice stuck as it comes down from the bucket holding your supply of ice cubes into the shoot out of the front of the door. I don't know your model but you should be able to remove the bucket from inside the door and that should give you access to where the ice comes down and out of the shoot. Take a look and remove any ice that is stuck. Be careful as if your freezer has the ability to serve crushed ice, don't put your fingers anywhere dangerous!

Hi all

I have a Samsung RS7677FHCBC which is creating ice cubes but when pushing back the lever on the front so ice is being dispensed. It has 2 separate levers and the water works fine.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

Thanks
No indication of a problem in your post.?

Sponsored Links
There is probably just some ice stuck as it comes down from the bucket holding your supply of ice cubes into the shoot out of the front of the door. I don't know your model but you should be able to remove the bucket from inside the door and that should give you access to where the ice comes down and out of the shoot. Take a look and remove any ice that is stuck. Be careful as if your freezer has the ability to serve crushed ice, don't put your fingers anywhere dangerous!

Hi

I have checked the bucket and nothing is stuck in there, I've even flushed it a few times with warm water to remove anything. The spindle turns freely in the bucket. When pushing the lever I cant hear any motor running so thinking it could be related. Are there any service manuals around to see how the front panel comes off as I was going to see if possible the microswitch was defective

Thanks

When you push the leaver it should rotate the ice screw to dispense, you can check this works with the door open.If there is a solid block of ice the screw can be jammed.Only works with loses ice cubes.

When you push the leaver it should rotate the ice screw to dispense, you can check this works with the door open.If there is a solid block of ice the screw can be jammed.Only works with loses ice cubes.
With the door open, water and ice functions don’t work at all, they are disabled

Just a quick update, managed to fix the issue. I finally managed to remove the control panel to access the dispenser element and found the micro switch for the ice to be hanging and out of its holding tab. Once I had set this in place I heard the motor turn and putting it back together I now have ice. Not sure how it came out if it’s locating tab but glad it’s working again.

Thanks all for the suggestion

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back