Samsung LCD TV - Screen died

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Samsung LCD TV was working fine then all of a sudden the screen lost its picture and a variety of coloured pixels appeared. Audio is still present. The coloured pixels change colour from time to time, mostly thougth its faded to black.
Same for every port, HDMI, Component, Scart etc.

Is this repairable? Is it the case of swapping out a PCB or shall I retire it.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Either the screen needs replacing or the T-con driver board which sits at the top of the screen on the rear is faulty. Sometimes they are available as a spare part, other times you have to buy a complete screen and T-con board together. The T-con board ribbon connectors are very fragile and easily ripped.It's probably best scrap it and buy a new TV.

Thats really usefull thanks guys. I just got a new TV on order yesterday trying my luck with Toshiba, but I may look for this part at some point you never know someone may be selling one on ebay worth a try as the TVs only 3 years old

Sponsored Links
Have you considered buying a plasma TV ?
I doubt it I would buy another LCD if it only lasted three years.

Wotan

Was the TV very expensive ?

I ask because the warranty period under latest legislation is now very elastic and seems - as far as I know - to be determined by whether a reasonable person thinks it has lasted a reasonable length of time, given its cost.

If it was - as I imagine - hundreds of pounds, then I would the retailer but I wouldn't expect them to fall over staright away and offer a replacement. would probably need some effort and tenacity.

It was about 700 at the time, its a bit annoying I must admit, Iv got a new Tosh coming tomorrow, better spec and half the price. Looking at various blogs it seems a recurring problem so I guess im unlucky. Thanks for the advice

Update:

Got a T-Con board from ebay, 18 quid, fitted it TV work fine now, Hurrray! Thank for the advice!

The T-Con board model number is V320B1-C

The TV Model Number is LE32R41BX

In case yr wondering the t-con board was second hand from a smashed TV

Just for my own interest, how do people selling this kind of delicate component describe its funtionality ?

Is it entirely at your own risk if it works or not ?

I must admit I was a bit worried myself but for 18squid I wasn't bothered. it was described as a T-Con board taken from a TV with a smashed screen, fully functional and tested. The seller is a pro and it did state that if there was a problem a refund was available immediately.

I'm not sure how it was tested (I kind of doubt it was) but like I say for 18 sheets it was worth it and I got lucky.

I've got a LE40R738DX/XEU on the bench at the moment. Same problem, T-Conn board not available as a spare. Trade price of new screen is £475.54 + VAT + £40 courier charge!! Set was bought in 2006. Unfortunately I can't find a spare from a scrap screen anywhere.

I just googled the Tcon board number and loads were offered including the ebay one.

What didn't work was when I googled the TV model number that was a waist of time.

wow ! High prices.

So how long is the parts guarantee on models like this ?

That apart, can you - or anyone - recommend some good forums where I can get an idea of feelings about different models prior to investing - for me - a lot of cash in this kind of TV.

I really couldn't afford to have a major failure in 3 or 4 years.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back