Samsung LE40R88BDX/XEU Power Issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Model - LE40R88BDX/XEU
Version SP02

at first I thought it may be the caps which is a common fault on some Samsung LE40 range, the fault was not progressive and have visually inspected the caps which are not swollen, so `im thinking it may not be an issue with the caps.

usually in my experience the problem would be progressive if it was the caps failing on the PSU.

When powering up it clicks on and off

I quite fancy testing another PSU regardless, either that the main board or some other board may be pulling the PSU to fail powering up successfully.

any ideas where I can source a Power Supply for this model /version SP02?

Sponsored Links
wouldn`t the problem be progressive though if it was something to do with any of the capacitors? (i`m hearing you say not necessarily and your probably right on that one :) ) - Personally I have repaired a lot of these models by ordering another power supply previously I was a flat panel engineer for a well known company, we would normally just order the PCB`s though making life a little easier for us, in this instance I would normally just order a PSU+Mainboard.

But because this television is my mothers, i would have to fork out the cost myself to buy the boards, I don`t mind just purchasing another power supply board as I`m suspecting they would only be around £40-£60 anyway?

and if this is not the problem i can always re-sell the PSU board.

I`m keeping my eye on ebay but wondering if there are any other sources to purchase these boards in europe at least.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back