Samsung Q1044 hits max rpm when plugged in and never stops

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello to all, this has been a bit of a desperation for me, trying to fix this washing machine.

First of all, I have been searching for help on other webplaces but so far none has provided with any help so I am trying it here now hoping that maybe this time something new can be discovered or even fixed.

My washing machine is a Samsung Q1044 and one day it simply started hitting max RPM for no reason, just plug it into the wall and there it goes. Pressing any of the buttons has no effect. It won't sping if the door is open but it does as soon as it closes. The display shows only hyphens, no codes.

The following is a video showing what happens when it is plugged into the wall until I unplug it, for a better understanding:

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?res...80&authkey=!AEWvVyl4Opwf-hU&ithint=video,.mp4

This is what it was doing before and after I sent the pcb tracks to be repaired, I suspected that a cockroach caused a short circuit and the following is a picture showing the blown tracks before the repair:

http://i.imgur.com/RolEdYX.jpg

The 3 solder triangle there is a M10LZ47 5-J (or 5-i, not sure now) which is screwed to the heatsink, as show in the following picture:

http://i.imgur.com/gETfuKX.jpg

Even after the pcb tracks have been repaired the machine sitll displays the same result as seen on the video and I can't find any replacement for it so I am still trying to find out what is still causing this problem and I have come up with a few possibilities, however I do not have any way to test them (no multimeter or even knowledge):

- Busted power relay :: Although it didn't display any sign of fault, as far as I could see

- EEPROM or CHIP problem :: Maybe the program got wiped out with the short circuit and is now runing in "dumb" mode

- Busted M10LZ47 5-J :: Think it's also called transistor or triac, this one also didn't display any sign of damage

- Bad display :: Although it does work I do not know wether it is working normally or not

So this is where I am stuck now and for someone like me with little to no electronics know-how, it feels like the power is going directly to the motor without stopping. I can post more details or more pictures of the PCB if anyone requests.

Hope someone here can lend a hand and figure out what might be going on because I have exausted all my google fu searching for a replacement and even someone with the same problem and nothing was to be found.

This was a very expensive machine and there's no money to spend on a new one so if it can be fixed it would be really great.

Sponsored Links
Just wanted to leave an update, I replace the PCB with another from a completely different model that had AG+.

I thought it wouldn't work at first because I didn't have the Silver Nano extra pcb and for my surprise it did work so if anyone is having the same problems of finding a replacement for their model then find one that is the equivalent of yours and it will work.
I don't know if the same is possible with the dryer versions so only try with those if you have absolutely no other choice.

My washing machine is a Q1044, portugal model - original PCB model is MFS-Q1044-00 - and the PCB that I used for replacement is from the Polish (or russian, I am not quite sure now) model F1245AV - PCB model MFS-1245A-00.

All connections fit perfectly and everything works well, except for the Silver Nano technology which I wouldn't want either way.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back