Sanding and cutting padstones after fitting rsj???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have just removed structural wall. Building regs have visted and checked work, with rsj resting on the pad stones.

however part of the padstone has come through into the living room wall. I was happy to box this in and told my builder so. Unfortunately one of his workers took it upon himself to be extra helpful and shave about 10-15 mm off the exposed padstone and has now made it flush to living room wall and plastered over this.

i'm now worried about how safe and struturally sound this is - have young family so worried do i need to get building regs to look at this again or worse does whole beam need to come out!!!!.Builder seems quite relaxed about whole thing and is wondering why I am making such a fuss!!!!

Any help greatly appreciated.

pads size are 215x215x150

Sponsored Links
Not an ideal scenario.

However so long as the concrete was well cured and we are talking about a decent lump, then i am inclined to agree with Woodchopper.

If he had nibbled off say 25mm of a 100mm pad then i would be looking at what damage may have occurred to the remaining concrete.

Sponsored Links
kind of depends how he did it? if it was ground off then, fine but if he battered at it with a kango it may not be so fine. As nose says it could have sent cracks through the rest of the padstone

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back