Saniflo Help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just replaced an old Saniflo unit with a new one (and fixed the problem with the toilet overflow posted earlier).

Everything went incredibly smoothly until the final problem: the right angled bend that exits the unit and connects to the discharge pipe blows off or leaks each time the pump runs. Its a simple push fit into a rubber sleeve secured by a jubilee clip arrangement.

I've tried the jubilee clip at various tensions: too loose, the elbow blows off, too tight and the elbow is forced out by the tension on the clip and the unit leaks where the seal is distorted.

There must be something obvious I've missed here - any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Make sure that the pipe you are connecting into the rubber sleeve sits well past the point where the jubilee clip tightens - just out of interest, what type of pipework are you connecting too?

I'm using the Saniflo elbow to connect to the existing small bore plastic pipework. The problem is that the elbow won't stay put - there is a lip that prevents it being pushed too far into the rubber sleeve.

Just tried again and the same problem - bl**dy thing!

If you're convinced that you're using all the right bits, then try this:

Remove the elbow, dry everything off, rough up (with rough sandpaper) the outside of the plastic pipe, dry everything off again, and make it really dry, and check that it's really dry, then apply some LSX to the mating surfaces and put it all back together. Leave for 8 hours and see if it holds.

Sponsored Links
Just had same problem with a Sanibest. Two hours with the fecker. I did eventually get it to hold. What I did was give the inside of the rubber tube coming out of the unit a smear with washing-up liquid, and pushed the joining spigot down as far as my strength would allow. You should hear a satisfying little click as the rubber ridges pass each other. Tighten the hose clip as fast as you can, while pushing the spigot down as far as it will go. Flush the loo and cross your fingers! Oh, and be careful where the fused spur in located in case it gets a shower from any leak.

As a plumber, I think these things are the work of the devil, but I had no other option but to work on this one as it's installed in my wife's restaurant! Otherwise you wouldn't have enough money to make me want to look at one of these things.

Good luck

So Nige, all Saniflo problems have ceased to exists, and no-one will be searching the forum for previous soloutions to their problem?

There's always one....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back