Saniflow Plus and tolet cistern

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there
When a Saniflow sytem toilet is fitted do you have to have a change of the contents of the toilet cistern - i.e. the toilet flushing apparatus? The big problem I have had is that small black and blue rubber items that look like buttons have fallen off the main part of the flushing apparatus in the cistern and caused the macerator to not work. It's expensive to have these bits removed. This was on two separate occasions. See Screwfix website - toilet spares - 3rd item - £4.89. You can see the two "buttons" on the picture. I need to know whether it matters that these buttons have come off, will it affect the way the Saniflow works, and are there any more hidden things which might drop off ?
Thank you so much to anyone who can enlighten me !

Sponsored Links
You should not need to replace any of the internals of the cistern for a macerator to work. It maybe that the toilet is not flushing because you have a faulty flush mechanism but that is down to the mechanism not the macerator.
Does your toilet flush? because if it does the macerator will start to chop and pump. If it does not flush it will not sense any waste to operate. Which will mean your toilet will still have unflushed waste in it.

It sound like the adjustable threads have come of your button control, it maybe just a simple fix, just try screwing them back in to the back of the two buttons.

Thanks for your reply. I could not work out how to reply to you. I hope this is the right place,
The macerator is working and the toilet is flushing. I wanted to know if Saniflo recommend any particular toilet cistern apparatus (don't know the right word)
4 months ago one of the blue and black buttons we mentioned fell of the
toilet cistern mechanism (Screw Fix) and of course the saniflow stopped working. £86 to have it fixed. Then a couple of weeks ago the same thing happened. At that point I was ready for a new saniflow as my previous one was quite old. I don't know. how many more "buttons" so I am concerned that the same thing is going to happen.
I will try and find out from Screw Fix if they are aware of what happens.
Regards Carole.

The buttons (bungs) in the syphon are for determining the amount of water that flushes. It shouldn't need to be changed and the bungs shouldn't pop out but obviously they are and causing problems. It could just be that the syphon is a cheap one so upgrading to a better one might be beneficial. Maybe a syphon with plastic bungs instead of rubber ones would be better and maybe they could be 'glued' in place. I don't know, have never done it.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your reply. I could not work out how to reply to you. I hope this is the right place,
The macerator is working and the toilet is flushing. I wanted to know if Saniflo recommend any particular toilet cistern apparatus (don't know the right word)
4 months ago one of the blue and black buttons we mentioned fell of the
toilet cistern mechanism (Screw Fix) and of course the saniflow stopped working. £86 to have it fixed. Then a couple of weeks ago the same thing happened. At that point I was ready for a new saniflow as my previous one was quite old. I don't know. how many more "buttons" so I am concerned that the same thing is going to happen.
I will try and find out from Screw Fix if they are aware of what happens.
Regards Carole.
Well the answer is you need a better quality siphon and some one to install it correctly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back