SANIFLOW - THESE THINGS ARE REALLY ****!!! DONT GET ONE!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi

i have recently bought a house with a saniflow toilet in a cloak room in the front bedroom - it was an old lady who owned the property.

i have decided to knock this bathroom down as its only a stud wall.

when i came to remove the saniflow unit, i was faced with a pipe running vertically into the roof. The pump was connected to the toilet and the wash basin.

now, when i say these things are ****, i mean who ever came up with the bloody stupid things needs shooting!!! I removed the toilet pan - not too bad and only got minor leakage.

then i came to remove the waste outlet pipe (the one which has the chopped up poo go up it).

i undid the joint and just about managed to get it into the bucket before a torrent of 6 month old stagnated **** water came pouring out!!!

i have been in the roof and the pipe extends over the roof space to the soil pipe which comes through the roof to the vent.

Now to my question - i need to remove this waste pipe obviously, but how do i go about capping off the remaining pipe sticking out of the main soil pipe?? can you buy soime sort of cap i can glue on with special pipe cement??

IN SHORT, I DO NOT RECOMMENT THESE CRAP, FRENCH ABORTIONS OF SANITARY ENGINEERING. THEY DEFINATELY ARE NOT SANITARY AND IF YOU CANT AFFORD A PROPER TOILET SYSTEM, BLOODY SAVE UP!!!!

cheers

george

Sponsored Links
:LOL: thanks for the laugh zetec.
you can get a cap from your local plumbers merchant , and solvent cement to fix in place..............sounded bl..dy disgusting by the way.

George, they do have their uses, such as in basements where the soil pipe is above ground.
I assume that the pipe is 21.5mm plastic and not 22mm copper. Either way because it is at the top of the stack you could use a 22mm push fit stop end (eg speedfit etc) The pipe used is generally for overflow uses such as from a toilet and therefore there is not a 21.5mm cap available.
Steve

In retrospect, leving the tap on for 20min or so to flush the pipe out would have made sense! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
glad it made you laugh - i can laugh at it now but my trousers needed washing twice before the smell came out!!!!

why do people invent such stupid things??

oh and they had supplied the power tothe saniflow, light, and extractor fan from the socket ring main!!!!

have ripped it all out now and just left with a junction box now.

they also installed a light in the living room spurred off the same ring socket ring!!!!

they also spurred off a socket on the landing, on the ring main, to feed a shaver point in the bathroom, a thermosat timer for a heatet towel rail, and a timer for the immersion heater. all ripped out now and put right. i have got my 17th edition and am currently doing a c&g 2330 so had some idea.

I just cant believe these Saniflow units are still being advertised!!!

oh, and thanks for the help by the way. will pop to grahams tomorrow.

oh **** i forgot to measure the size of the pipe. would it be 40mm??

cheers

george

In retrospect, leving the tap on for 20min or so to flush the pipe out would have made sense! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

ahh yes but i disconnected the electric supply before hand so couldnt pump it away even if i wanted to!!!!

me and the missus had great fun trying to get it sownstairs keeping it level so it didnt spill everywhere!!!!

george

Hi all as a plumber we dread the my saniflow is not working call. But they have their uses. Wo only use them as a last resort. Where the discharge pipe leaves the saniflow there is a non return valve which has to me forced open to drain back the pipework. I learned the hard way!!!!

Hi all as a plumber we dread the my saniflow is not working call. But they have their uses. Wo only use them as a last resort. Where the discharge pipe leaves the saniflow there is a non return valve which has to me forced open to drain back the pipework. I learned the hard way!!!!

ha ha maybe i give these things a hard time and yes, in certain circumstances they are the only choice, but surely there is a better option??

i deffo wouldnt want to be a plumber who has to go and repair one of these things. What if the lid came off!!!?? now that would not be fun!!!!

george

I have one of these awaiting stripping down & fixing.

it's ben like that for 12 months, I'm not looking forward to that job :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back