Sanitaryware recommendations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

We are looking to replace our old 17 year old bathroom suite with something more modern, could anyone recommend any decent brands for the WC, basin and bath please?

I was thinking of using Grohe for the tap and possibly the shower too but I am unsure what brands are recommended for the other items.

Sponsored Links
Roca is a good brand, but can be expensive.
UK distribution depot is in Coalville, Leicestershire.
I was selling it 20-odd years ago, when it was first marketed here in the UK.

Sponsored Links
Do you think so :rolleyes: Really don't like it, doing there baths at the mo and they're dreadfull.

Personally I like create (ideal) or mere.

Bath get a carronite one by carron solid and no movement.

Thanks for the replies so far, we went to Homebase and they said the baths were made by Jacuzzi, the taps etc were Bristan which I believe is good, not sure about the Jacuzzi brand baths though

If you buy any plastic bath look at the thickness. Thin plastic baths are absolute carp, and having seen one unfortunate young lady at A&E with extremely nasty lacerations after her foot went through the bottom whilst showering I would never fit a thin plastic bath for anyone. :eek:

If you buy any plastic bath look at the thickness. Thin plastic baths are absolute carp, and having seen one unfortunate young lady at A&E with extremely nasty lacerations after her foot went through the bottom whilst showering I would never fit a thin plastic bath for anyone. :eek:

Cheers, what sort of thickness is generally recommended?

I'd say a minimum of 4mm, the thicker the better. Or better still as gas112 said, fit a steel bath.

I told my Mum about the steel bath but she is not keen as apparently 'the enamel chips'

*don't shoot the messenger

Carronite isnt steel.
Absolute minimum for a bath 5mm , 8mm is available and better , dont know entire thickness of caronite baths but got to be above 10mm in parts

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back