Santon under-sink water heater dead..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Santon unvented under-sink water heater in my kitchen. It has stopped heating the water.

For a couple of days prior to dying it coughed and spluttered a bit - as if there was an airlock in the system.

It died once before and the service engineer said that the thermostat had tripped. He replaced it (for the sake of a £2.50 part) and reset it. I'm guessing that this may have happened again (maybe if there was air in it it could have overheated??).

Would anyone be able to describe how I reset the thermostat trip switch - or at least check whether it has tripped? (I can't see a model# - HAU7 is the only code on the unit). Alternatively any suggestions as to what else may have gone wrong?

I want to leave calling out Santon as a last resort after the money they charged last time.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
thanks for the link.

unfortunately the unit pictured is sufficiently different from mine that I'm struggling to see how the bits infront of me relate to the pdf.

think i'm going to have to fork out again

Sponsored Links
You could try emailing santon for instructions. The principles will be the same whatever untit you have. Its just a case of following the live on its journey to the element and finding out why its not getting there. Or more rarely if it does get there why doesn't it get back [neutral fault]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back