Help please! Santon premier unvented hot water tank (Ed.)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi help needed please I have a santon premier unvented hot water tank and I am struggling to find the thermostat on the tank to check that the temperature Is correct. Any help I’d much appreciated to help me locate it .. thanks

Sponsored Links
Red dials on the immersion elements

1705484795630.png

I don’t have those dials I have a box on the front and this is what’s inside

Attachments

• IMG_8703.jpeg
    IMG_8703.jpeg
    241.2 KB · Views: 33
Sponsored Links
Sorry then I'm out of ideas, I thought there was a device below the arrow that could be adjusted with a screwdriver.

EDIT
Found a photo

aaa.jpg

Last edited:
Yes that’s what it looks like but I don’t know what I would do or turn it as it’s just a screw there… no arrow or anything. My water tank is in my airing cupboard and it doesn’t seem to get warm like it used to. So wondered if the temp was correct on it. Thanks

The slot in the screw should align with the numbers, so that if it's turned fully anticlockwise with a small screwdriver it will line up with 1 and if turned fully clockwise will line up with 5.

The adjustment is provided for you to adjust the hot water temperature to your personal requirement. Above 60C is recommended to prevent legionella. But what that corresponds to on a scale of 1 to 5, I don't know. The correct way to check is by using a thermometer and measuring the water temperature at the taps.

That’s great thanks so much for your help much appreciated… would that make my airing cupboard warmer if the thermostat was higher? I will check when I get home

If I take a pic later and show you what it’s like would you be able to tell me what number it is currently on? Thanks

It shouldn't make any noticeable difference to the temperature in the airing cupboard. The insulation on the hot water cylinder is designed to keep the heat in and the water hot, and not let it escape to the airing cupboard.

Here is what it looks like.. what would that be on please

Attachments

• IMG_8707.jpeg
    IMG_8707.jpeg
    112.9 KB · Views: 43

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back