Sarking not right at wallhead - options?

"Yeah, I get it. Modify the slates to mask the problem. Just sounds like an elastoplast fix rather than getting to the root of the problem."

The problem is actually it is built wrong, My solution is not first aid, it will work . even if it is getting over someone elses **** up

Sponsored Links
Thanks Datarabal, Your advice is appreciated. I'm just real frustrated with this mess.

Last night I went out with my bolster and knocked off the top row of blocks. I bought some 6x2's and started extending the rafters out beyond the blockwork.

In all fairness to my joiner, there was no fascia or soffit on the plans, so I assume the architect had planned to use rafter arms for the gutters. The problem was really that the blocks were too tall.

I'm sure this is the right way to do things, and hope that planning won't choke at me installing a soffit/fascia where there was none on the plans.

Thanks to all for your help.

Guy

You know it makes sense, even if its down to you to do all the work at least you'll know it was done right.

I have read through this thread with a confused frown on me noggin.

The only reason i can think of that a teccie/designer/architect would throw up such a (barmy) detail is to restrict the overhang for trespass purposes.

Are there boundary issues on this elevation?

Sponsored Links
I have read through this thread with a confused frown on me noggin.

The only reason i can think of that a teccie/designer/architect would throw up such a (barmy) detail is to restrict the overhang for trespass purposes.

Are there boundary issues on this elevation?
...I think it has to do with the joiner cutting the rafters short and then asking the builder to make up for his mistake... Personally, I'd like the builder to remove the top course of blocks and the joiner to extend the rafters, but that's an awful lot of work as it's an awkward shaped roof.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back