Satinwood has turned out to be Gloss !!!!! Help

Joe is right that it will take weeks. Air flow etc will also make a big difference.

A little terebene will help speed up the process in the future. I don't know how much faster but I started using this year because I found that the first coat of eggshell over acrylic primer on mdf was still to tacky to sand the day after painting. Not an issue till the 2010 voc paints.

Sponsored Links
Aye Try explaining to the customer, i'll be back next week to put the second coat on. They are such an understanding bunch.

Just tell that since 2010 the VOCs (Volitile organic compounds) in paints have been reduced. this means that the solvent levels have decreased whilst the solids levels have increased. meaning that all oil paints now take longer to dry.

Then really p!ss them off and warn them that it also means that they will yeloow faster :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back