Satisfactory bath trap??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Hi there,
After inspecting our (new) bath/shower plumbing, as the usual shower consists of standing in 2 inches of water, this is what I discovered. (there were no blockages in the reachable parts)
Any comments weather this particular trap could be causing the slow drainage or could it be a level or combination of both problem, would be gratefully welcomed. (and suggested solutions :) )
Thanks for your time.
Harry

Sponsored Links
I'd second that, trap is perfect, looks to be insufficient/no fall on the waste pipe

Cheers for the confirmation.
I dont have my small level handy and bye eye it looks level and if not then more heading up hill, I enclosed this photo showing the run further down, 2 elbows, and heading down drastically. ( a gradual slope down would be better right?)

Sponsored Links
Where`s the overflow connect in!!!!!!!

Darn it not quick enough

Good plumbing for a new build hu?? :confused:
conects on horrizontal pipe, same as bath waste as in first pic,

This shoes the overflow coming in
here It seems that the pipe is almost in line withe the bath plug, before it shoots off down!
Lowering this point is my only way to get things flowing right?? bit tricky though when boxed in with glued elbow joints....

The old saying..if your gonna do a job.....do it proppa,, haha

does the bath drain quick when filled with water from taps ?
some showers are to powerful for a standard 40mm waste to run away quick and require different wastes.

RN_68_MN.gif

fair point, it drains ok with a low pressured shower, but when cranked up not so good.
When there is a couple of inches of water in there, a quick plunge seems to get a good whirl pool drainage affect.

Do most these traps in-corporate a overflow connection, guess Im looking for a easy fit, to my limited access.
or I am just being to fussy.. :D

maybe you could change it for a p trap and it will lower the trap level.

but you'll have to change the bath waste to accomodate the overflow.

least you'll get rid of the two bends and maybe go straight to the horizontal pipe.

98916.jpg

architeckt-1-12-chrome-bath-1403-17.jpg

Thanks for your suggestions, looking at it a P trap would be good, but to get to the horrizontal flow further down would mean removing part of the tiled boxing....a 2 min job aye..ha.
I might leave this for when I am inspired to take part part of the boxing apart and maybe incorparate some storage or something crafty with the extra space.
If only it were done proppa in first instance...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back