Saunier Duval SD 30e DHW problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All
After reading loads of your posts, especially Gasgeezers, I now know what parts I need to sort out a leak on the DHW flow valve.
Part No S8011 Diaphragm and or S801201 DHW Diaphragm Assembly. My question is, do I need the more expensive part S801201 or can I just change the diaphragm and are there any other bits I'm likely to need. The leak is only from the centre plunger and not the main case, which I suspect from your posts is a split diaphragm! Also is it just the dhw water supply i need to drain off to do the job. :confused: It looks an easy job, I just don't want further leaks after, for the sake of a new washer that I may also need etc.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
if the leak is from the rod, then changing the diapragm will not solve this. i dnot know for certain but there may be a service kit fot the diverter valve that will inclue the relevant washer/o ring.

if the leak is from the rod, then changing the diaphragm will not solve this. i dnot know for certain but there may be a service kit fot the divertor valve that will inclue the relevant washer/o ring.

Thanks for that, the leak is from the rod and after freeing it a little today, crudded up, with some pliers the leak is slightly worse but the DHW is switching OK. I refitted the micro switch in an upright position to try and avoid a short. I Don't know if the S801201 assembly is complete with diaphragm and rod which would solve the problem, can't find a photo of the new part on line anywhere. Must be someone on here who know.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
just had a look at my parts catalogue... 801201 is what you need... good luck

just had a look at my parts catalogue... 801201 is what you need... good luck

Thanks Gavinda, parts obtained and job done. The diaphragm had some small splits where it flexes and was passing water. For Your info the S801201 diaphragm assembly also needs the S801191 diaphragm as they are separate Items. Both parts where £25ish inc Vat from a local supplier. I could have probably got away with just a new diaphragm and cleaning of the assembly unit, but after 9years of constant use without a problem though it best to renew both. Hope its not a sign of things to come. Once again, thanks for the help.
:)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back