Saw Station

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am interested in making a Saw station for my chop saw and want it complete with fences and stops etc.
I remember Norm making one on New Yankee Workshop but that was a long time ago and I don't know where to start. :(

Anyone ever made one or could you point me in the right direction please. :D

Sponsored Links
Norm making one on New Yankee Workshop but that was a long time ago and I don't know where to start.

Buy a check shirt and grow a beard ;)

Jason

You can get NYW plans Brimarc used to list them but I can't see them on their site now

Or ask on this forum, there are a few who have build a similar setup
http://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/

what exactly did it allow you to do!!
what saw do you have

length stops can be made with hook end battens and clamps a bit off 15mm copper and a bit off 2x1" with a17mm hole and a 3.2mm extended slot to allow the hole to close around the copper with a squarehead mini coach bolt and wing nut

Hi All

I have a Makita chopsaw and want to have a professional set up like Norm.

Sponsored Links
Hi All

I have a Makita chopsaw and want to have a professional set up like Norm.

never seen yankee worshop so havent got a clue
what does it do exactly !!
appart from length stops ' extra support and maybe a guide fence to hold work firmly what other use can it be used for appart from storage :D :D

NEVER WATCHED NYW,cor you amateur :LOL: :LOL:

what that bloke never had wasnt worth having,THE GIT.;)

also sip do fold up stand aswell,and for the price it wasnt bad,had mine a number of years now.

Is NYW still on Discovery as I have not seen it for ages.

If you have times that it is on................. :D

i dont have sky or cable and would never consider them as i dont like sport films cartoons soaps house makeover programs shopping chanels or most things american as the people are mostly plastic and unreal lol

a lot off the practices that "norm " uses are bad practice and encourages use off ungaurded blades and check shirts :rolleyes:
i would probably enjoy "norm" as i am still learning ;)

The yanks all walk around with loaded guns so probably don't recognise the dangers of unguarded saw blades.

I'm sure you've never done it though ;)

The yanks all walk around with loaded guns so probably don't recognise the dangers of unguarded saw blades.

I'm sure you've never done it though ;)

ssshhhh i cant remember where i put it :rolleyes: ;)

we need to start with the safe correct way then push the safety bounderies

if you start at a dangerous level people will still push the bounderies as they dont know there starting level isnt a safe level :cry:

ohh my god thanks jason now we know where dewalt got the idea for the de 7023 leg stand from they are identical except from the colour and the 20 man hours taken to make it :eek: :eek: ;)

thanks for both links cheers :D

yep big all,that is 1 thing that used to make me smile.

the safety guards have been removed for photographic purposes only.

bu*ls*it it was so he could do all the rebates and dado groves using his table saw.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back