Scaffolding costs more than reroofing?? Is this right?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

1930s 3 bed semi needs reroofing i.e remove slate tiles, put in breather membrane etc and put slates back. Problem is I have been given a quote where the scaffolding £2200K (about 100m run) actually costs more that the labour and materials for the reroofing itself(£1900). Is this about right? We are in West Yorkshire.

Cheers,

Its so frustrating being a first time homeowner!

Sponsored Links
Hello,

1930s 3 bed semi needs reroofing i.e remove slate tiles, put in breather membrane etc and put slates back. Problem is I have been given a quote where the scaffolding £2200K (about 100m run) actually costs more that the labour and materials for the reroofing itself(£1900). Is this about right? We are in West Yorkshire.

Cheers,

2.2 million is a bit steep.... 2200 seems a good price to pay...

and 1900 sounds far too cheap...

There is a firm in brum that will scaffold a semi for £400

100m for a three bed semi is way to much - more like 30m max.

Either way your scaffold quote is waaay too much

Hello,

Cheers,

100m sounds like a lot of scaffold for a 3 bed semi too...

Sponsored Links
Hello,

Cheers,

100m sounds like a lot of scaffold for a 3 bed semi too...

a hundred square metres of scaffolding does not go very far....

£2200 for a 3 bed semi - you avin a larf!!!

As already stated a regular semi would only require say 30m of scaffold plus table lifts to the gable or none if it is hipped.

Granted, a bridging section over a connie for instance may push up the costs but only from say £500 up to £700.

As already stated a regular semi would only require say 30m of scaffold plus table lifts to the gable or none if it is hipped.

Granted, a bridging section over a connie for instance may push up the costs but only from say £500 up to £700.

luckily or unluckily... that is the ongoing cost around here...

a front of terrace will cost you that...

a front of terrace will cost you that...

as the saying goes, 'at least Dick Turpin had the decency to wear a mask' honestly though i dont know whos dafter, the scaffold firm for quoting stupid prices or punters for paying it...

luckily or unluckily... that is the ongoing cost around here...
then Hants. is worse than Surrey :rolleyes: Was quoted £1k for a right sod of a job with 2 bridging sections on a 3 bed semi. Sussex.

2200 does seem a lot i'd say probably about £900 would be fair for a 3 bed semi. But its always a problem when you need access to a roof or chimney and people generally don't take it into account.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back