scaled cistern inlet vlave?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My dual top flush cistern is suddenly taking over 30mins to fill. It also makes a different hissing sound. :eek:

I took the top off and think the holes where the water comes in are scaled. As I have no man to fix it for me unless I pay a plumber I wonder if there is a way to descale it 'in situ'? Any suggestions please?

If I can't do that I wonder if I could replace it myself but so far haven't been able to find any 'idiots guides' with a diagram similar to my toilet's insides...again any suggestions where I might find some pics to follow? ;)

I bought the toilet two years ago from B&Q and live in a hard water but am surprised to have a problem so quickly.

Thanks in advance for all replies :!: :D

Sponsored Links
Hi

Most can be taken to pieces in situ but a description or photo of the inlet valve would help.
Is a isolation valve fitted to the pipework going to the cistern?
This might help you put a name to it. http://www.lunns.net/cisternspares/

Hope this helps.

Yes thanks Tincup for a prompt response...! :D

Not sure about the isolation valve as it pipe comes into the bottom of the cistern and all the pipe work is boxed in and tiled!! Guess I would need to turn off at the mains..?

Found a pic of a Siamp side entry float valve that looks very similar!
Think I may go to B&Q tomorrow now I know the technical term and see if I can find one to take to bits there before I do mine... ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back