Scalewatcher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have noticed a recommendation for 'Scalewatcher' in someone else's topic. I am about to have a conventional water softener installed but would naturally prefer not to have to faff about with a cumbersome unit and loads of salt provided the alternative is equally effective. However, the (pumped) water comes from a well. Does that in any way contraindicate having a Scalewatcher ?

There appeared to be some divergence of opinion in the original topic about the relative merits of the two options. Could I hear a bit more about that if it is not too much trouble, please ?

Many thanks in anticipation.

Per

Sponsored Links
Thanks, jmn. Appears to be two opposing camps !

I see that 'Softus' (a 'professional' as opposed to another punter ??) twice endorsed Scalewatcher. I would love to be convinced of its efficacy - would save having the necessary separate 'hard water' tap installed for drinking water as well. Hadn't thought about it, but an extra tap could mean a new sink unit too....

No doubt there will be more on here....

Thanks again, jmn.

Per

Nothing against anyones elses views, but i'm afirm believer inthe only real way to eliminate hard water is to fit the 'cumbersome, salt hungry' water softener, also as borne out on the water treatment course I attended at a manufacturer who has nothing to do with water softners ;)

Sponsored Links
corgiman said:

when did they stop letting you putting pipework into the sides of combi mates.. i see you can only pipe them from the top or bottom or both

timmy74 said:
corgiman said:

when did they stop letting you putting pipework into the sides of combi mates.. i see you can only pipe them from the top or bottom or both

I removed My mistaken post timmy

I have no idea, all the ones I have fitted have always been piped to the top

Now you have both confused me as to what you are answering :confused: Corgi you on cider already? :LOL:

gas4you said:
Now you have both confused me as to what you are answering :confused: Corgi you on cider already? :LOL:

I was reading the post you made about in lone scale ihibiters then changed the thread then got a cider and posted a reply forgetting I change it

Gawd I work too hard and drinkk too much

good job I am a handsome buuggger

:)

corgiman said:
I was reading the post you made about in lone scale ihibiters

We'll have to start calling you 'Tonto' then you ugly 'bast**d' :LOL: :LOL:

gas4you said:
corgiman said:
I was reading the post you made about in lone scale ihibiters

We'll have to start calling you 'Tonto' then you ugly 'bast**d' :LOL: :LOL:

Boooger "done it wrong again daaaad"

I give up

I really do

Everyone has to believe in summink and I believe I am going to have another cider

balls to it

Good on yer corgi, I'm already grolshed and bacardied! Have another on me :LOL:

gas4you said:
Good on yer corgi, I'm already grolshed and bacardied! Have another on me :LOL:

I believe I will

so when are we going to have a DIYNOT booze up??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back