Scantronic 9448 alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wonder if anyone has any experience of these alarms. Mine is about 15 years old and the battery died - this came to light after a prolonged power cut. The battery has been replaced but now the system won't reset. Is there a way of resetting the system - I've found a user guide but this is no use to me at the moment. Currently the panel has power light and nothing else and won't accept any keypad entries. To silence i have had to disconnect the new battery and pull the fuse from the fused spur.
Any help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
most scantronics you have to power up battery first not mains. try that.

if not then remove all the wires from the AUX + terminal and power up battery first

Thanks I'll give that a go in the morning - don't think the neighbours would thank me now!!

Sponsored Links
just a shame it would still have worked mains first too if the O/P had tried it instead of doing it all the "wrong" way

still we live and learn live and learn.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back