Scantronic 9448+ Alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Everyone,

I'm a newbie to the forum so thought I'd just ask my first question.

I've just moved into a house that has the Scantronic 9448+ installed. The control panel is open and the alarm is switched off at the mains (fuse been removed).

I've tried putting the fuse back in but the control panel doesn't seem to want to respond to any key presses. I've checked the battery with a DMM and it's showing minus volts (it is completely dead) no surprise there, it's got a date in 2008 written on it. I've ordered a new battery for it. I've also been online and found the instruction / installation manual for the system.

The one thing that is missing though is the screw that holds the control panel shut. Does anyone know the size of the screw that is needed to keep the panel closed?

I'm determined to get this alarm system up and running again. The previous owners said that the house came with a working alarm system and we've found that is not the case when we arrived after we picked up the keys.

Any help would be appreciated.

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
It can’t have minus volts !
Anyway more than likely the transformer fuse on the pcb is probably blown which normally happens when the panel has a faulty battery ( 1 amp quick blow )

Hi,

All fuses have been checked for continuity and they all check out.

I will however get some new fuses for the board just to be on the safe side.

Thanks,

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Yes I did. Although they are fine, I'm gonna put new ones in anyway.

Thanks,

Yeah the green light comes on so there is power getting to it but the keypad does not respond when pressing any buttons.

Now I've got the installation manual downloaded I can do the factory reset procedure on it as the previous owners of the house never nor the estate agent told us what the alarm code was.

Like I say, the battery is knackered. New one should be here soon. Do you happen to know what size the screw is that fits in the front to keep the front of the panel shut so the tamper doesn't trigger. That is the only part of it that's missing (reasons unknown). We don't know why it's missing or even why the alarm box was open in the first place. All wires inside it look intact and still connected to the proper parts inside. So my thinking is that it's just the battery that's been allowed to drain (2008 is the year written on it).

Thanks,

No noise at all ? Speaker blown ? Post picture ....screw is a large self tapper , think 1,3/4 no 8 woodscrew should fit

quick update! The control panel does work. I've hooked up the battery and put all new fuses in and keypad is working and am getting sound out of the loudspeaker so have performed a factory reset on it and now the default codes all work. The keypad is a little iffy though. I'm finding I have to jab the buttons to get them working properly, is there a way of cleaning the keypad or perhaps getting a replacement keypad. Also I've connected the external bell to the control panel but it doesn't go off when I attach the power to the panel. Any ideas? Will I have to set the alarm and trigger it with a PIR or other attached device?

Thanks

Remove the rubber keymat and clean with some meths...use a paper towel to clean the mat ( those green rough ones they use to have in schools ....lol ) also clean the pcb carbon tracks with withs on a cotton bud

Thanks for the suggestion.

I've already tried using some acetone (nail varnish remover) and still have to really prod the keypad to get some of the keys working. Most of the keys do work without much force now.

I'm guessing it's just a question of cleaning and more cleaning??

20190816_215018_zpsabnmc7ov.jpg.html

20190816_215018_zpsabnmc7ov.jpg.html

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back