Scantronic 9448 Help please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a scantronic 9448 panel and am trying to connect a gardtec nova 2 merit ga series external sounder (screwfix special ) but the bell although new has no wiring instructions and i am told i need to put in a link in order to make it sound and also i have no idea of the connections from panel to bell,could someone please advise.

Sponsored Links
I have a scantronic 9448 panel and am trying to connect a gardtec nova 2 merit ga series external sounder (screwfix special ) but the bell although new has no wiring instructions and i am told i need to put in a link in order to make it sound and also i have no idea of the connections from panel to bell,could someone please advise.

ring the supplier and ask for the instructions?

Hi m8 tried that with no joy

Hi m8 tried that with no joy

what - screwfix ?

Sponsored Links
Even without instructions , there will be a sticker beneath the terminals of the siren , with industry standard info , the terminology changes slightly from manufacturer , but still similar.

scantronic------gardtec
STB-------------STB- (neg to fire the strobe)
BELL------------ BELL SW- ( neg to fire the siren)
12v------------- +12v (perm hold off voltage )
0v-------------- 0v (perm hold off voltage )
TR ------------- TMP RTN (tamper return)
link 0v to tamper feed

if you are unsure , connect to the panel with a short piece of cable first.

scantronic------gardtec
STB-------------STB- (neg to fire the strobe)
BELL------------ BELL SW- ( neg to fire the siren)
12v------------- +12v (perm hold off voltage )
0v-------------- 0v (perm hold off voltage )
TR ------------- TMP RTN (tamper return)
link 0v to tamper feed

if you are unsure , connect to the panel with a short piece of cable first.[/quote]

You my friend are a star many thanks...... :D

It has the same wiring connections so why so anal?

you didnt get the technical bulletin did you ?

like I said before theres a fault on the print and you HAVE to fit an additional wire link

like I said before theres a fault on the print and you HAVE to fit an additional wire link

Well tell the man what it is then. Is it a tamper feed from Ov? Don't keep the man waiting trying to prove a point.

Well tell the man what it is then. Is it a tamper feed from Ov? Don't keep the man waiting trying to prove a point.

hey if he hadnt throw his dummy out the pram at the start then I might have, as it is he`ll have to wait till the box starts "chirpping..." when its wet or cold to find out

Load of piffle. If you can't help - you know where the door is.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back