Scantronic 9448+ Not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help Please.
I have a Scantronic 9448+ alarm system which sounded for no reason. I could not turn it off via the control panel, nor did turning the power off or disconnecting the battery help. Alarm sounded for 20 minutes then all went quite. My problem now is that It will not work. I have replaced the battery but still I have no power to the key pad. Having checked inside the book it would appear that no electric is getting past the transformer. The live wire is active but nothing beyond this.

Do I need a new transformer :confused:

Sponsored Links
Check fuses on alarm panel pcb the ac one will blow if the battery is faulty and the transformer overheats, it may have defaulted to 1234.

Did you check the transformer output (on the tabs with the purple wires) with a multimeter set on AC volts? You should get around 18VAC. If there's nothing, the transformer is shot. It's pretty unusual but not unheard of...

Sponsored Links
Check fuses on alarm panel pcb the ac one will blow if the battery is faulty and the transformer overheats, it may have defaulted to 1234.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. Fuses bought and replaced it now works like a dream, and a plus- it's remembered all the old codes

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back