Scantronic 9448+

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have this alarm installed.
Put in new D/G and some of contacts came off. However did join together to ensure all windows contacts seemed closed.
Now now zone 3 comes up as open when we try to set.
Tried to omit zone but still will not set alarm as number 3 is lit as punch in code.

Bought a new Friedland alarm which will install but would like to sort this one first as it worked fine before...except the bells outside now don't operate..sound.

Sponsored Links
If you open up the alarm controll box (recommend disconecting mains 230v before opening) you will find the zone wiring terminals marked 1-2-3. you will note that each has two terminals to each zone.

If you disconnect the pair to zone 3 and replace it with a wire loop you will clear the fautt on the panel & will be able to use it.

You didnt say what was on zone 3.....a PIR or i door contact.

I guess it may be an upstairs PIR?

The bell box fuse may have blown, that needs to be checked.

Replace it with a 1 amp quick blow glass fuse...........available from Maplins or simmilar type shop.

Let me know how you get on.

When we had D/g installed windows were replaced and contacts were taken off. PIRs all work fine as have not been disturbed and flash red when walk in front of them....

Not sure were power is to switch off control panel.
Fuse of bell box....since we moved here it never seemed to go off, usually internal sounders go off. Not going to get up there to check myself.

I am thinking maybe i'll set up wireless alarm as well myself and have the wired on as backup.
Will need someone to check bell box for fuse and put up siren for wireless as well.

Any ideas, how much that will cost as it just fitting a siren and checking wired system works.
Adam

I cannot give you an exact price for testing & repairs, however, the last time i repaired a 9448 it cost £150.00 for a replacement bell box, panel battery, reprograming & commissioning.

You can deduct the price of the battery but expect to pay around £100.00 to £125.00.

Try to get a recommended alarm company because there are a lot of cowboys out there.

Good luck.

Sponsored Links
Get the 9448+ fixed and serviced. It's much better than a wireless Friedland alarm.

Excellent advice............stick with the wired over the wire free.

The only wire free to consider is the stuff from Scantronic.......ion16!

Hi thanks for comments,
Since i bought it i decided to install it anyway.
The platinum wirefree installed fine and with remote t works well
1 had only 2 pirs and 2 mags so i bought another 868mghz Gold wirefree for £80 for 2 more pirs and mags and spare remote,siren, control panel.

Anyway back to Scantronic which someone mentioned i need to
put wire across zone 3....what wire and is it joining 2 parrell wires together.
How do i turn it off and is it safe just to put wire while panel is on as i don't know where the power switch is.......... Ps advice as i'm getting a bit impatient.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back