scantronic 9651 bell current and output

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys new post. just in the process of installing another alarm system for a small flat. the system is a scantronic 9651. not really used this system for a while. Anyway I plan to install a flashguard xtra external sounder and an elmdene 400 internal sounder. not too keen on the speaker, I mean they are loud but not that loud).

so I plan to connect both the elmdene 400 internal sounder and the flashguard xtra to the bell output (o/p1). having looked at the specification for xtra the bell current is 320ma and the elmdene is 180ma, so the total bell current will be exactly 500 ma. will o/p1 just be able to run this? or will i blow the bell fuse. if so can i use o/p3.

I would like them to both sound at the same time when the alarm triggers and i would prefer to keep the flashguard xtra on sab mode. will this be okay?.

my system set up plan is

1x scantronic 9651 with the 9930 keypad
3x aritech ev125-p
1x elmdene int400
1x flashguard xtra
1x door contact
1x double push panic button

cheers

Sponsored Links
wow that was quick :).i will program o/p3 for the internal. thanks again.

With regards to the current you've got 800mA to play with. If your sounders are drawing 500mA in alarm just make sure the rest of the devices don't exceed 300mA. I'm sure a couple of PIRs and a keypad won't

Sponsored Links
where did you get 800 ma from?. the panel can support 1 amp.

Total power supply
capacity: 1.0A (of which 200mA is used for battery recharge
and 800mA is available for powering the system).

From the manual.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back