Scantronic 9751 Can't reset Tamper

I'lll give it a go. But why would this Panic alarm stop me from resetting the 2 inactive tampers?

Sponsored Links
Hi Sparkymarka. I can confirm I have disconnected the wires in the panic terminals of the keypad replacing them with a small jumper wire and exited engineers mode and now all faults have cleared. I have also now reconnected panic terminals and we are able to set and unset the alarm again.

Reading the manuals a 100 times I don't think I would ever have fixed this on my own so you so much for your time and expert advise it is really appreciated.
I also hope these post can help somebody else out in the future.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
hi there,

i too have a scantronic 9751. the mains in my house kept tripping due to a faulty freezer - this kept making the alarm go off. I kept resetting it but now the fault 'K01 TAMPER - RESET REQUIRED' is prominent on display. i've tried resetting it with my code over a hundred times and see the date for a split second but it keeps returning to this error message. Any help is really appreciated.

Thanks a lot
p

hey sparky,

nope its not loose at all even if i apply pressure the keypad doesnt move...

Power the whole thing down (mains and battery) and up again - you could do a first stage reset at the same time to get an engineers code... Make sure that the battery is good and power it all up again. Replace the cover and try resetting again (tick, tick...). If succesful, don't forget to set the date and time (code, 6).

Power the whole thing down (mains and battery) and up again - you could do a first stage reset at the same time to get an engineers code... Make sure that the battery is good and power it all up again. Replace the cover and try resetting again (tick, tick...). If succesful, don't forget to set the date and time (code, 6).

Thanks EightyTwo. I have absolutely no idea how to do this - are you able to provide me with more information?
kind regards,
pauline

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back