Scantronic I-on40 and third party GSM dialler

You need to connect your output to a relay (+ve to +ve and -ve to the open collector output) and then connect the contacts to a zone on the alarm. Program the zone as a 'keyswitch'. Read the handbook for the details! ;)

Is there is any chance you can guide me through the new image (//www.diynot.com/network/georgetheod/albums/22363/83876) I've added with my panel wiring connections? Thanks for all your help and sorry for this but I haven't done it again before and I don't want to mess something up ;) I've read the handbook and understood how to program the zone etc but my issue is with the cables wiring :confused:

Sponsored Links
Okay...

Buy a 12V dc relay on a little board. There are two types: non-transistorised (eg. Handy Little Relay HLR12) and transistorised (eg. Junior Handy Little Relay Transistorised JHLRT12). Make sure that you've got room to fit it in the box. If you use the the former, connect the positive (+ve) coil terminal to the 12V supply and the negative (-ve) to the open collector output terminal on the dialler (say, T2). If you're using the latter, connect the +ve and -ve to the dialler's supply and the trigger/signal terminal to T2. Then program the dialler's output, phone it up and test it - the LED on the relay should light when the relay is "on".

Now connect the relay's contacts to a zone on the i-On40 and program the zone as a keyswitch. I don't remember exactly how to wire the zone (whether you need both resistors or only the 2k2, whether it should go 'open' or 'closed' to set/unset) but that will be in the book. My copy is in the van outside and we have biblical rain at the moment! ;)

Since you are making connections to the dialler and the panel, you could put the relay inside either unit - there's probably more space in the panel and it is protected with a tamper switch.[/i]

Thanks again EightyTwo! I will need to buy the relay and then connect them in order to check if it works! I will let you know when I have a result :D

Sponsored Links
Yes, you have to use a relay because you can't connect an open collector output to a zone.

If you want to use the T3 output to turn on your heating/telly/lights/electric blanket, you'll need a relay for that, too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back