Schools to have mental advisor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Seems that schools are being given an adviser to help the little darlings with depression. I am of the belief that every school should teach the poem by W.H Davis with the first two lines that read "What is this life, if full of care, there is no time to stand and stare". And for those who feel bullied by text the old saying "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me." applys

Sponsored Links
Seems that schools are being given an adviser to help the little darlings with depression. I am of the belief that every school should teach the poem by W.H Davis with the first two lines that read "What is this life, if full of care, there is no time to stand and stare". And for those who feel bullied by text the old saying "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me." applys
Cane them

A friend of mine does that for a job. Seems there are many troubled kids around and usually it’s the parents drink/drug issues that fuel the kids problems.

Perhaps that is the cause of the problem.

Wouldn't it be better if they had a sane adviser?

...and why don't they repair disabled toilets?

Sponsored Links
The pharmaceutical giants will be wringing their hands in anticipation.............££££££££

Facebook has a lot to answer for, my two are not on it..

As has been said some children are brought into the world by scum parents so what hope have they got..

Too many liberal nut jobs running the schools, can't discipline the little bastards

Kids soft as muck...everything is turned iinto a traumafest and they can cope with nothing without councelling.

And when are the little darlings supposed to see this advisor?

I can see the attraction if it's a choice between double Maths or sitting in an office with Call-Me-Jenny and snuffling into a hankie about how your parents don't understand you and seeing how many consolatory chocolates you can get.

And when are the little darlings supposed to see this advisor?

I can see the attraction if it's a choice between double Maths or sitting in an office with Call-Me-Jenny and snuffling into a hankie about how your parents don't understand you and seeing how many consolatory chocolates you can get.
Spot on.

We work at a boys school they have 2 full time nurses working there who spend the entire day dishing out medication to all the inmates

If they go on a cross country run in the winter months they are waiting for all of them to come back with hot drinks and thermal blankets

Years ago we were working there when one of the inmates was carried up to the medical bay as he had one of them big wax crayons stuck up his arris :LOL:

I run a City & Guilds motor vehicle training centre and all the kids we have come from schools that deal in the sort of kids that other schools won’t touch. I spell it out to the schools that send them that I will not under any circumstances put up with any bad behaviour on grounds of H&S and my decision on allowing the kids to stay or go is final. Some of the kids can be right little f ****ers when at the school - fighting, biting and punching tutors, throwing chairs etc. but I have no trouble whatsoever when they are in the workshop because I make it crystal clear straight off that I’m not bound by the same rules as the teachers in their school. It works with 95% of them. The other 5% get sent straight back - some within 5 minutes of starting when they refuse to put boots or overalls on or even switch their phone off. I don’t waste time pleading with them or trying to encourage them to do what is expected. I tell them how it is and if they don’t comply, they’re out. It always sorts a class out when the biggest, mouthiest one gets put in his place or sent back. When they know they can’t get away with it, they don’t try. In fact, I think some of them actually respect being told where the line has been drawn and that’s the trouble with schools - unlike me they just can’t chuck a kid out as they have a duty to school them and discipline has been taken away from them.

Sponsored Links
Back