schrader valve

Sponsored Links
More likely to be a slight leak....is this on an expansion vessel? There shouldn't be any water at that point.
John :)

yes it was on a vokera linea 24 i went to look one night last week, the pressure had dropped causing the boiler to display 04, the 74 year old lady had managed to operate the awkward filling loop they have but could not re set it. Like a lot of these models the reset button spindle had broke, thought i would just give the valve a little burst to see if water was present as she informed me she had topped it up a few times during its 10 year life [ i actually installed it] with a small amount of water on my finger i pointedout it would need replacing. However when i returned to fit it while emptying the expansion vessel using my pump it held pressure, i also inspected the heat exchanger this time which at some point has leaked slightly therfore could be the reason she has lost pressue in the past. Just wondered where this tiny bit of water came from

If there's water on the air side of the EV, then water has passed through the diaphragm seal somehow....failure needn't be immediate but I guess it won't be too long!
Best to replace it just for peace of mind, I guess.
John :)

Sponsored Links
There will probably be a small amount of water vapour from the atmosphere pumped into the EV to charge it, which may then condense inside the vessel.

There's not usually enough to be a problem with the relatively small amount of air in an EV, but air compressor installations etc. usually have some means of trapping the condensation or drying the air they compress.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back