Scrap copper prices

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone tell me how much scrap copper is worth at the moment as i have about 180Kg of copper tube & cyclinders.

Sponsored Links
last week took some clean copper to scrappy and got £2 per kg how does that compare?

coppers going up.
Just phone your local yard and ask what they pay.
If youve nothing better to do cut all the fittings off the pipe, makes it loads more valuable otherwise they class it as brazerie not copper

Sponsored Links
£110 Last wed for 65kg consisting of 1 plain cylinder 1 lagged cylinder and rest made up of standard heating rip out

coppers going up.
Just phone your local yard and ask what they pay.
If youve nothing better to do cut all the fittings off the pipe, makes it loads more valuable otherwise they class it as brazerie not copper

Do you need to cut off soldered fittings aswell or just brass compression or is it perhaps the solder they don't like?

at the scrapper they remove all fittings, comp or endfeed before they sell it on.
I imagine they do it because they get more for it!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back