Scrapping Space Star

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been offered £234 for the car.

It runs and drives, but has a dodgy starter motor and needs work on the brakes, treatment to some sill corrosion and needs work to the wipers.

The rear window is smashed.

On the plus side, it has MoT until 2 December 2024 and a very full tank.

It also has 4 matching decent tyres, alloys, a cat (I assume) and a decent battery. Shame I just put two new headlamp "bulbs" in it.

Is the best way to get the maximum dosh to sell it as "spares or repair"?

Sponsored Links
Or advertise it honestly with its known faults ?

Anything with a full mot is worth something tothose that can do their own repairs

So spare or repairs, but without saying that

If you have the space, it's always more profitable to sell parts individually, basically stripping the car.
Otherwise as carman said.
My friend sold his focus by stripping it in his drive.
He took him about a year to sell most parts, but he made 4 times what the car was worth on the "running" market.

Can't do that, the missus would have me nadgers off in a jiffy. I get called Onslow just for putting a bag of rubbish on the drive.....so advertise it honestly I will.

Sponsored Links
if your going to scrap it whip the cat off first, probably worth £ 250 on its own, if its the origional Jap one

I have been offered £234 for the car.

It runs and drives, but has a dodgy starter motor and needs work on the brakes, treatment to some sill corrosion and needs work to the wipers.

The rear window is smashed.

On the plus side, it has MoT until 2 December 2024 and a very full tank.

It also has 4 matching decent tyres, alloys, a cat (I assume) and a decent battery. Shame I just put two new headlamp "bulbs" in it.

Is the best way to get the maximum dosh to sell it as "spares or repair"?
HOw did it pass a MOT with that lot wrong?

Yes. The discs are worn and the pads low. Also the brake is binding on the offside.

The starter motor was OK till recently, then started being intermittent recently.

The window wasn't smashed until after the MoT.

The sills would get away with some thorough corrosion treatment but will need welding sooner or later and the wipers are very sloppy and noisy and the driver's one slaps the A pillar every time without fail.

But it passed.

Can you get another rear window, easily? If so, anything with a year's "ticket" will be worth more than £500. I sold the daughter's 2010 Mazda 2 with 130k on it and some minor faults, but a year's MOT the other day, for £1500. Put the Autotrader ad in just before midnight, and the bloody thing was gone, for cash, at the asking price, by 10.00 the following morning!

Can you get another rear window, easily? If so, anything with a year's "ticket" will be worth more than £500. I sold the daughter's 2010 Mazda 2 with 130k on it and some minor faults, but a year's MOT the other day, for £1500. Put the Autotrader ad in just before midnight, and the bloody thing was gone, for cash, at the asking price, by 10.00 the following morning!
Just you wait until she finds out! :LOL:

Can you get another rear window, easily? If so, anything with a year's "ticket" will be worth more than £500.
Autoglass quoted £650.

Can't find any tailgates in the UK. Some on the continent for €450+.

Sponsored Links
Back