scratched beech effect wardrobe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a beech effect laminated chipboard wardrobe with a large scratch down one side. Any suggestions for disguising it? The scratch is fairly deep and shows up as off white and is very obvious. Thanks in anticipation. :(

Sponsored Links
Fill it, sand the side then paint it I'm afraid - that or sticky-back plastic....... By "beech effect" I presume that you mean beech decor melamine faced chipboard. The surface coating is actually only a fraction of an inch deep, so if it's badly damaged there is little one can do, unlike real timber which can be stemed out (although this can make beech and cherry go pink).

Scrit

Thanks for that. Yes, it's melamine so I may just have to leave it and find a big picture to stick over it. :(

You might try the tip of an extremely thin artist's paintbrush, and a suitably brownish paint.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that. I'll give it a try. That'll tech me to take more care when moving things about in the van. It's all self inflicted I'm afraid!!! :oops:

try a suitably coloured kids wax crayon to reduce the visual effect of the scratch

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back