Screed and partition wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm going to get a screed laid over an underfloor heating system, which is over celotex panels, on the ground floor of my house.

At the moment, the room is rectangular, but I intend to put up a partition wall to section off a corner of it which will be a washroom.

My question is this - should the partition walls go up before or after the screed? Is it important?

I was thinking before, so any give in the insulation won't affect anything. But then the screed should be solid, so perhaps it doesn't matter?

Thanks for any opinion!

Miles

Sponsored Links
I would think it would be easier and cheaper to have the screed laid first
straight run etc and no obstacles for the screeder to get around

Hmmm......Just thinking about the fun and games if you manage to put any fixings through the screed into the UFH pipes...... :eek:

Screed first,then studwork[presumably], screed should be at least75mm thick to avoid Tickly T's well pointed out possible problem.

Sponsored Links
If you map out the pipework, which if you have any sense you would do for future reference. you will not encounter any problems with the fixings.
I can speak from experience because I am the senior engineer of a facility and we have 70 X 30 mtrs of underfloor heating, fed from some 22 manifolds.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back