Screed over tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I need to replace my kitchen tiles with vinyl flooring and am looking for some advice on preparation. If at all possible I dont want to lift the old tiles, so wondered if there was a way I could apply a screed ?
Thanks Stu

Sponsored Links
You could but if the tiles aren't stuck well chances are they will come up taking the screed with it.
If you do go ahead prime the tiles neat then use a bag an bottle screed.

Hi
Further to my earlier post we've now decided on the flooring we're going to use. Its got quite a thick base compared to the one we originally chose (looks about 4mm thick).
The area I'm laying it in is the kitchen which is used all the time so if I could avoid messing with screeds etc at all then that would be good.
My idea is to use laminate floor underlay over the floor tiles, then lay the vinyl over that.
Just wondering if anyone had tried that before and whether the tile grout lines might appear in time.

stu

Sponsored Links
You can't use an underlay like that, you will find the vinyl rucks up like the north sea.

You could use F-Ball Isolator (google the F-Ball Website)

It's expensive but perfect for the job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back