screed question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
im getting close to the point in my build where i will be needing to get the floor screeded . currently the build is one big open space which will be divided into rooms, is it best to put the stud work in 1st and screed each room iduvidualy or is it best to just have the whole area screeded

the reason i ask this is because i will be laying insulation and then underfloor wet heating and thought that it might be best to do the studwork 1st as to avoid puting a nail or screw through one of the underfloor pipes when the studwork is put in.

any advice will be apreciated
cheers
jon

Sponsored Links
Stud partitions.
Plasterboard to above.
Plaster.
Slab insulation.
Uderfloor heating.
Screed.
oldun

cheers olden that make sence now
the only question i have is when the screed goes down is it ok if it over laps the plastered plasterboard a bit

Sponsored Links
Normally our partitions are in 100mm block work, but where we use studwork, we use 47x100 sawn.
Say your insulation is 90mm and your screed 65mm, total 155mm.
Cut two noggins out of 47x125 and fix on edge between each stud on top of sole plate, this will give you a height of 175mm above over site concrete. These will act as formwork to retain screed.
Cut plasterboard down to top of noggins and plasterboard will finish 20mm above finished floor level.
Appreciate you need a few extra lengths of timber, but we find this the best way.
If you do not understand, then come back.
oldun.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back