Screeding - doesnt look good enough to me, but am i expecting too much?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks,

I've had my floor in the kitchen screeded ready for a new lino floor to be fitted. it looks fairly smooth but its not flat, there are a few mms between levels and its kind of all over the kitchen (its not a big kitchen) there are also a few bits showing bubbles

I phoned the flooring people and they said screed is for smoothing not flattening and lots of different levels can affect things etc but reassured me the floor would go down well.

I expected the floor to be smooth and level when i said screed as well as relay the flooring. Am i expecting too much?

Thanks in advance for advice

Sponsored Links
Presumably the floor was screeded with SLC?

On first visit the floor person should immediately spot all obvious issues (they are the professionals) - they should also put a level to the floor. Hence, all responsibility for level, flat and smooth is their's.

What was on the floor before the screed?

Are there any damp issues?

"lots of different levels" what do they mean?

What is going down as the new floor cover.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back