Screwfix Community Forum

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I notice that the SCrewfix forum has been off the air. Anybody else noticed this? Any clues.

As a new member has recently joined calling himself
"banallsheds" (we all know who that is, as he has been wittering on about "transformers" and sockets on lighting circuits on that forum too)

So maybe he has made the forum implode...

Sponsored Links
I joined it a few months ago to try and find out something about planer/thicknesser blades but not been on it since.

What is it they say about a bad penny?

I joined it a few months ago to try and find out something about planer/thicknesser blades but not been on it since.

What is it they say about a bad penny?
Did you resolve your query about planer/thicknesser blades.
Axminster supplied mine for a SIP planer /thicknesser.

Sponsored Links
Did you resolve your query about planer/thicknesser blades.
Axminster supplied mine for a SIP planer /thicknesser.

Yes, my one is a Titan but someone mentioned another brand which fitted perfectly, (Einhell possibly?), so read the spec and they were the same dimensions so bought a set through Amazon for £25 Don't know how good they are because I haven't got round to fitting them yet but they had good reviews on Amazon.
Axminster wanted £44 for a pair but don't do woodwork professionally so will get round to giving these a go one day. The girl on the YT tutorial shows how easy it is to change them.

Yes, my one is a Titan but someone mentioned another brand which fitted perfectly, (Einhell possibly?), so read the spec and they were the same dimensions so bought a set through Amazon for £25 Don't know how good they are because I haven't got round to fitting them yet but they had good reviews on Amazon.
Axminster wanted £44 for a pair but don't do woodwork professionally so will get round to giving these a go one day. The girl on the YT tutorial shows how easy it is to change them.
The ones from Axminster were double edged, so just turn 'em round when they're worn.
Yes, dead easy to change 'em, just a bit fiddly, getting them located on the tiny sliver of a locating peg. Watch your fingers, the new blades are sharp!
Supposedly, they are re-sharpenable, but I wouldn't even try.

Sponsored Links
Back