screwfix tank connector leaking

Sponsored Links
Thanks!
But is the tank thread the same as the other tank thread, 3/4" BSP so it will match the whole I have cut in the existing tank

PS I have to say that these mega corps SF and TS do rip people off when its the odds sizes like not 15mm. that seam a lot of money for a fitting

But is the tank thread the same as the other tank thread, 3/4" BSP so it will match the whole I have cut in the existing tank
It'll be close enough but if not you could always buy/acquire/pinch another water bottle.

Thanks!

PS I have to say that these mega corps SF and TS do rip people off when its the odds sizes like not 15mm. that seam a lot of money for a fitting
Yes it's 22mm so will be 3/4". Fittings that are not used as commonly will be more expensive that's just the way it is, you're not going to need more than 1 tank connector in most systems.

I bored the hole TDC at the bottom of the drum
Top dead centre? :unsure:

Sponsored Links
When in the dispenser, the bottle would be upside down so the bottom becomes the top so the hole is cut at TDC which then becomes BDC when used as a tank. Stop typing, put the laptop down, have another beer.
I was just surprised at its usage, haven't heard of it as a term for anything outside of piston positioning

Fittings that are not used as commonly will be more expensive that's just the way it is, you're not going to need more than 1 tank connector in most systems.
not at a proper and local mans plumbers merchants they should not be! (unless they are just con men like rest of them)
The store I used before used to charge me NOT A LOT in differance between 10, 15 and 22mm size. unlike the mega corps SC and TS that would charge more then double for a not 15mm standard nut

Top dead centre? :unsure:
yes that is correct

not at a proper and local mans plumbers merchants they should not be! (unless they are just con men like rest of them)
The store I used before used to charge me NOT A LOT in differance between 10, 15 and 22mm size. unlike the mega corps SC and TS that would charge more then double for a not 15mm standard nut

yes that is correct

Maybe they are woke and see you coming and say to themselves “I am woke, charge this man woke tax”

I bough the fitting in the end. https://www.toolstation.com/made4trade-compression-tank-connector/p54014 The fitting has a 7/8" and not a 3/4" BSP thread on it like the other plastic junk one I had before so i had to make a bigger hole in the tank. I fitted it, than fitted a bit of old 22mm pipe to the end of it with compresion nut and olive (like it is supposed to do) put a cork screw in the other end of the 22mm pipe. filled bottle with water and came back next day and no leaks!

Now the problem I now have is that the pipe I want it to fit onto is a 3/4"or 19mm bore flexi pipe.
https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/3-4in-reinforced-hose/ I can not find any fitting at the moment to go from 22mm O.D hard pipe to 19mm I.D flexi pipe. any surgestions please?

Now you’re finding out why 3/4” fittings are cheap. You now need a 3/4” to 22mm connector. Add that to the price of your bargain price 3/4” fitting and you are back to square one. At least you get to spread the cost of your latest project over 2 weeks unemployment benefit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back