screwfix

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
have they sorted themselves out since they moved warehouse? since then i have never used them

Sponsored Links
What were they like before?

If before parcels arrived with items missing and broken then they're back to normal.

mainly delivering 5-6 says after order, when they actually accepted orders. after they ****ed me off twice, i stopped usin them

See this, they're hoping to have it sorted by Christmas

I'm sure I've read last week that B&Q have put in a bid for takeover ????
I maybe wrong though.

Sponsored Links
Well - both my partial and broken orders arrived very promptly. The replacement the first time round took a while, and the lady on the phone this evening told me that my missing and broken switches and FCUs won't arrive until Wednesday (can you believe that the idiots put switches etc in a large box along with a 50m reel of 10mm² earth, and no packing. So as the cable reel trundled back and forth whilst being transported, it managed to break quite a few things).

they once packed 2G blanking plates, in a plastic wrapper, along with various metal (i.e large SDS drills/chisels) and a roll of cable. 1 got damaged but i said both had

Had two orders in the last week or so - first was ordered online about 8 pm,delivered to work 1130 next day !
Last one ordered about 9:30 pm Monday,delivered Wednesday,as expected.
Never had anything broken or missing - unfortunately,never had anything extra sent by mistake,either :(

PowerTool said:
Had two orders in the last week or so - first was ordered online about 8 pm,delivered to work 1130 next day !
Last one ordered about 9:30 pm Monday,delivered Wednesday,as expected.
Never had anything broken or missing - unfortunately,never had anything extra sent by mistake,either :(

you cant have both. either delivered on time with no freebies, or extremely late delivery with freebies :D

EDIT: 500!

Since I have been able to access the site again (was that following the wharehouse move) I have to say that everything has been fine for me, even for a cheapo spirit level thrown in free on one order (lucky really as my previous one was stood on and damaged when I helped a friend with his kitchen right afterwards).

masona said:
I'm sure I've read last week that B&Q have put in a bid for takeover ????
I maybe wrong though.
I'd heard that the guy who owned screwfix - sold it (already months ago) to B & Q because, mainly the premises were too small - hence the move, the best bit is that this guy found new premises, big ones and set up "ToolStation" if it's true -it's a great story :)

I've used scewfix quite alot now and the delivery is very fast especially when I often get orders shipped to Northern Ireland if I am working there.

I have had a few broken items such as switchs but screwfix replace them quickly for me. Broken items is down to the delivery company which for me is Royal Mail if the goods are not over big but RM have a habbit of damaging goods etc.

They always stick fragile items in the same box as a reel of cable. Apart from the damage, I have no problems, infact its one of the best services around that takes my orders and ships them out lightning quick.

I don't generally buy electrical fittings from Screwfix as I get them from my local trade warehouse (BDC), but I use them regularly for general hardware.

In my experience, the service has been mostly excellent, with orders placed mid-afternoon being delivered by lunchtime next day. I've had maybe two or three items damaged in transit over the years, but they've always been replaced promptly and without question.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back