Screwing toilet pan to floor.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having trouble finding suitable brass screws for screwing the toilet pan to the floor. 10 gauge ones are barely big enough, nearly falling through the mounting holes and 12 gauge I can't find. Is there a plastic insert you can get so you can use a smaller screw.
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Use the fischer wc fixing kit
24526972.jpg

or i use these
same as the ones used on number plates.

imagesCAN3TUK0.jpg

Having trouble finding suitable brass screws for screwing the toilet pan to the floor. 10 gauge ones are barely big enough, nearly falling through the mounting holes and 12 gauge I can't find. Is there a plastic insert you can get so you can use a smaller screw.
Thanks.

every decent plumbing merchant will have the correct brass screws for fitting wc bowls

Thanks.
In the motor trade so will try the number plate caps but also found the fixing kit in the Screwfix catalogue so will get on with the job on Saturday.

Sponsored Links
In the motor trade so will try the number plate caps

As i said they are the same type but the next size up.
you'll probably find the number plate one won't take a descent size/length
screw as the bigger ones will take a bigger head screw.

think they also came from screwfix

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back