secure toilet pan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am installing (diy) a 'back to concealed cistern unit' toilet pan. All of the plumbing is done and I'm ready to fit the pan. My concern is with regard to securing it to the floor, the pan has screw holes in the side. The concern is that the floor is a concrete base with underfloor heating supplied by ground source heat pump. I don't want to screw the pan fixings into the floor as I have no idea where the underfloor heating tubes would be and if I could damage them by screwing into the concrete. Would silicon at the base and around the back of the pan be enough? I'm not happy with that idea but am a bit stuck.
On top of the concrete floor is laminate flooring which goes right under the pan.
Any advice would be appreciated please.

Sponsored Links
The laminate is a floating floor and will move ,taking the pan with it I would expect. I ,like you would be hesitant to drill into the floor ,so would use silicone ,and as said above ,expect to have to redo.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back