Screws been bored

AdamW said:
If you can take a picture of the offending screws, that would help.

Did you buy this PS2 new or secondhand? If the latter, it is possible that someone has already tried to get into it using inappropriate tools. I know several people that are far too fond of their Swiss army knife to invest in proper screwdrivers, and end up chewing screwheads.
I can't get a picture; I tried to, the screws are too small to get a clear shot of.

This PS2 isn't mine, it's a customer's; I'm doing a DVD drive replacement after her son got frustrated (he's dyspraxic) and forced the DVD drive in, breaking it.

Sponsored Links
Good news, I used a slightly larger flathead to force a groove into the screws and unscrew them, worked a treat :)

Looks like Sony use low quality screws, much like the rest of their parts ;)

Just got to recalibrate the new DVD drive housing to the old DVD drive laser, now, it'd be nice if I had an ohm rating and some points to measure, rather than blindly adjusting the potentiometer, but I'm guessing people here probably couldn't help me with that :)

Sponsored Links
LOL, call it a challenge if you want ;)

No oscilloscope here, just a multimeter ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back