SD Memory Cards

S

Shutpa

Help! Daughters birthday tomorrow and we've bought her a Samsung digital camera. Salesman said that I would have to buy the memory card as an extra and I did. The instruction book says that an SD-mmc card is required but he supplied simply an SD memory card. I want the camera to ready for her to take photos on her birthday, so is the SD card suitable? If its not Tesco is still open! Urgent.

Sponsored Links
try it and see, you can delete the picture so she will be none the wiser

Sponsored Links
becuse you may change it for one that is damaged i should guess

your camera can take an SD dont worry MMC is an older type card so you have the best of both worlds if you like.

If he sold the camera and the card to go with it I'd imagine it should be ok. If it isn't he should exchange it for the right one even if you've opened it.

i am guessing the two came form not the same placem, since he said tesco is still open

i am guessing the two came form not the same placem, since he said tesco is still open

No Breezer. Camera and card from Comet which is of course closed. Local Tesco, still open, sells accessories.

Yes they are compatible, and just to ease your mind a little more, SD is the better technology of the two. I have some old MMC's (I paid about £50 for 128MB about 5 years ago!) and they aren't very good for capturing video clips, too slow.

Just for information.
SD Card is a brand name that I believe is owned by Toshiba. Other manufacturers produce SD cards to the specification and give Toshiba money to be able to call the SD cards. MMC cards as already mentioned are Multi Media Cards which are virtually identical to SD cards although produced to a slightly different specification. On the whole though, they are completely interchangeable.

Cheers for all the help. The SD card is as suggested, pefectly suitable. The only problem, or so I thought, was that the 'batteries low' message came on and I discovered that they, (Duracell Ultra), went out of date six months ago. However, I replaced them and guess what? The 'batteries low' message came on again - the camera is faulty and is going back for replacement tomorrow.

The story doesn't end there however, because when I bought the camera, the salesman convinced me to buy a 3-year extended warranty. I discovered tonight that it already guaranteed by Samsung for 2 years and so I paid this extra cash for what turns out to be a 1 year extension on the warranty - a real con by the retailer.

Sponsored Links
Back