Sealing block paving in October?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just refurbished my block paving because it had been severely neglected.

Looks a million times better and I've got some very expensive Resiblock superior (matt of course!) to go down but I'm concerned the concrete blocks won’t dry sufficiently - this will lead to premature failure of the sealant.

Have I missed the boat with this? I’d hate to have to wait till May next year as it’ll all need washing and sanding again!
:(

Maybe I can cheat with some plastic tarpaulin?

Sponsored Links
I'd chance it, just keep an eye on the weather forecast and have the cover beside you at all times.
But if you don't want to take the chance, leave it in the container

Yeah its an expensive waste to get wrong.

I think I may just go with some joint stabiliser to keep the sand in place till next summer. I believe I can apply it so long as the surface is dry.

Watch for the 'use by' date on the can.

I used Resiblock Superior Mat on my driveway a couple of years ago and its still looking good. Heres a photo taken on the day of application..

Resiblock2ndCoat1.jpg

Sponsored Links
definately dont chance it

A failed sealer or one with milky water marks is not only unsightly but trying to strip it off again if it goes wrong is a hellish job

That drive is lovely.

Thanks all for your comments, I'll just go with a stand stabiliser and ill do it again properly come summer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back