sealing wall above the dpc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a friend who has a large pile of earth against the wall of his house bridging the dpc. but he doesn't want the earth removed but some sort of sealant put on the wall and the soil replaced. He's heard of a product made by Marley, I guess it's like flashband, but I don't know. Has anyone heard of such a product, or is bridging the dpc a big NO NO. any help appreciated . Thanks.

Sponsored Links
iaith said:
is bridging the dpc a big NO NO.
Yes, even if you put dpm against the wall, it will create condensation on the wall anyway. Might be best to build another wall approx 300mm away.

You can get products to do this - Cost me £150 for a roll about 15 years ago when we built an extension where DPC was 2ft below ground level on part of one wall (due top slope).

It is no different to building a basement (underground). Not cheap.

Sponsored Links
Thanks fellas. I guess he'll have to have a rethink , or shell out quite a bit of cash .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back