Second top coat on doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey peeps,

I have been decorating my new flat and have given all of the wood work 2 undercoats and 2 tops coats of Dulux satin, it was in poor condition so I gave it as much love as possible. The doors however were new and had already been top coated with gloss a couple of months ago from previous owner, because they were still quite white I then only gave them 1 undercoat and I managed to give the 3 doors a perfect top coat of satin with a microfibre roller without any lumps or fluff at all. I feel it still needs a second top coat to catch up with the rest of the house but I'm really worried I will mess this coat up and end up with bits stuck to it ruining the the perfect original coat.

The doors seem to look the same colour as the rest of the woodwork, but I'm worried if I don't give them a second coat they will yellow or change colour before the rest of the woodwork.

Do I need to give them another coat?

Sponsored Links
If the colour is good, and isn't patchy, and is a 'solid' white; you may as well leave well alone.

Hey,

Thanks for the reply! I ended up giving them a second coat which Im very glad I did, I just wanted someone to tell me I didnt have to ha ha. They came out perfect without any lumps or fluff at all, Im very chuffed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back