Secondary glazing for reducing road traffic noise

zj

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We currently live on a main road where a bus service operates every 10 minutes from early in the morning until late at night.

We had UPVC double glazing installed last year which has made a difference but you can still hear the vehicles passing by.

If i was to install secondary glazing at the front of the property would this drown out the sound alot more?

Sponsored Links
Low-E glass will keep out more radiation and can dampen the sound.

What :?:

Can you concentrate on, say just the bedroom? You could upgrade the 28mm unit to triple and then bung in some secondary. We have triple in our front bed only and everything else normal in the rest of the house.

Thanks for your reply.

I was just thinking of doing the front bedroom as suggested.

Prior to having the upvc glazing we had some old wood frame windows so the UPVC has made a difference but require firther sound proofing.

If i was to get secondary glazing with 7mm laminated glass and leave a 100mm gap between the double glazing and the secondary glazing would this give me a good improvement in drowning out the traffic noise?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back