secondary heat exchanger

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi to all, I have posted a question before on no hot water coming out of my potterton oil flowsure combi boiler. since then an engineer has taken the plate heat exchanger off and chemically cleaned it out. still no hot water, but the pipes going to the diverter valve are really hot. he did say that the main heat exchanger or the valve could be the problem. the system has been flushed out so many times I cant see it being the main exchanger.
Any help would be great and appreciated

Sponsored Links
how does the heating work??

That would prove main heat exchanger was ok.

May be divertor jammed in funny position.

The heating works okay just takes some time to circulate round the system. the temperature reading of the water starts at 60 degrees but as soon as you call for dhw the boiler cuts in then the temperature goes to 90 then the boiler will not cut in again until it goes back to 60. i manually lifted the switch on the diverter valve and I felt the hot water bypss and go through to the c/h pipes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back