Secret passageway style sliding wall / bookshelf

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, this is my first post on the forum. Having lurked about I thought it would be a good place to ask this strange question...

I have a 2.4 metre wide stud wall that I want to put a sliding door into, so we can see out into the garden from the living room. I think the max width of the opening door is 1.5m (the room on the other side has a 3.8m wall). I had an idea that it would be nice to have it look like a wall while it's closed. I then thought it would be nice to have a bookcase mounted on it. I then had the crazy scheme that it would be nice to pull a book and have it open automatically...

Any thoughts on heavy duty sliding door systems that have the option for automated opening? I have seen some pocket door kits that have options for automatic openers, but not for the top hung types.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
i an shure it could be achived but would expect the cost to be in the region off two or three thousand as a very rough guess

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back